Everything about Snap Denture
A "Snap-On Denture" is a type of removable denture that attaches to dental implants using a snap or button-like mechanism. It's also known as an implant-retained or implant-supported overdenture.
What is the advantages of Snap Dentures over traditional dentures?
1. Stability: Snap-on dentures are securely attached to dental implants, which are surgically placed in the jawbone. This stability prevents the denture from slipping or shifting while eating or speaking, providing a more comfortable and confident experience for the wearer.
2. Improved Chewing Efficiency: With better stability, individuals can chew their food more effectively, which can lead to improved digestion and overall health.
3. Enhanced Speech: Unlike traditional dentures, which can sometimes affect speech, snap-on dentures allow for better pronunciation and communication.
4. Comfort: Snap-on dentures typically cause less irritation and soreness on the gums compared to traditional dentures, as they don't rely solely on the gums for support.
5. Bone Preservation: Dental implants used with snap-on dentures stimulate the jawbone, helping to prevent bone loss, which is common with traditional dentures.
6. For upper jaw, Snap denture can a U-shape to expose the roof of mouth, which will give patients a better taste of food and less gag reflex.
How does a Snap Denture work?
Dental Implants: The first step is to have dental implants placed in the jawbone. The number of implants can vary but is typically two to four or six for a full arch of teeth.
Healing Period: After implant placement, there is a healing period during which the implants integrate with the bone. This process, known as osseointegration, typically takes about three months.
Attachment System: Once the implants are integrated and stable, a special attachment system is used. At Zealous Dental, we use a world-renowned mechanism (Locator system) that allows the denture to snap onto the implants.
Denture Fabrication: A custom denture is then fabricated to fit your mouth and attach to the implant abutments securely.
Snapping On: The Snap-on denture is designed to easily snap onto the implants. Wearers can remove the denture for cleaning and maintenance and snap it back in place when needed.
Should I get a Snap Denture?
Snap denture is a great choice for individuals who have lost most or all of their teeth and want a more stable and comfortable alternative to traditional dentures. However, they do require a surgical procedure to place the dental implants, and the process can take several months from start to finish. It's essential to consult with a qualified dentist to determine if snap-on dentures are the right solution for your specific dental needs.
What is the cost of Snap Denture?
The cost of Snap Dentures can vary widely depending on factors such as the number of implants needed, the type of attachment system used, and the patient's jawbone conditions. Dental insurance may partially cover some of the expenses, so it's essential to discuss costs and financing options with your dental provider.
At Zealous Dental, we give you a detailed breakdown cost for the whole procedure during your consultation appointment. We work directly with your insurance company to maximize your insurance coverages.